Enjoy a trip to Samsara Ubud and experience local tea specialties in lush Balinese surroundings.
Inspired by Bali’s amazing array of flavours and culture, Samsara Ubud is taking the high tea ritual and traditions to the next level. Guests can wind away the afternoon in exquisite style at Samsara Ubud with a Traditional Balinese Afternoon Tea, a haven away from the hustle and bustle and the perfect spot for an undisturbed afternoon tête-à-tête.
From seasonal specialities, created with passion by a dedicated culinary team headed by Chef Iwan Sutrisno, to a collection of teas, the Traditional Balinese Afternoon Tea showcases the best combination of tradition and culture with a modern Balinese twist.
Served on a wooden dulang, the Traditional Balinese Afternoon Tea package includes a wide selection of savoury Balinese canapés, traditional Balinese sweets and fresh fruits. Bursting with flavours, nourishing and unique to Bali, you will find all-time favourite Balinese finger food such as Sate Lilit (grilled minced seafood or chicken wrapped on a lemongrass stalk) and Tum Ayam (steamed spiced chicken wrapped with banana leaves).
Those with a sweet tooth will be spoiled with a vast variety of Balinese sweets. The colourful medley of coconut, palm sugar, glutinous rice and bananas can be enjoyed in treats such as Laklak (rice-flour muffins with palm sugar caramel), Bubur Injin (black rice pudding with coconut milk) and Sumping (steamed rice cake in banana leaves). A pot of freshly brewed Balinese leaf teas completes the perfect afternoon. Chef Iwan and his team crafted each item in the tea set to bring aesthetic and gastronomic pleasure.
Indulged outdoor at the Jineng, spend your relaxing afternoons there with your loved ones and enjoy the tranquil surroundings with elegant and welcoming service, transforming a traditional tea experience into a sumptuous treat.
The Traditional Balinese Afternoon Tea is available twice daily between 2 pm – 3.30 pm and 4 pm – 5.30 pm – not limited to in-villa guests. For reservations, call +62 361 209 17 69 or email email@example.com .
Traditional Balinese Afternoon Tea menu:
Balinese finger food
- Sate Lilit – minced seafood or chicken satay on lemongrass
- Tum Ayam – spiced chicken wrapped with banana leaves
- Perkedel Jagung – sweet corn fritters
- Lumpia Sayur – vegetable spring roll with sweet peanut dip
- Emping Melinjo – bitter nut crackers OR rempeyek – spiced peanut crackers
Daily traditional Balinese sweets selection
- Pisang Goreng – deep fried batter banana
- Dadar Gulung – pandan crepes filled with sweet coconut
- Bubur Injin – black rice pudding with coconut milk
- Laklak – rice-flour muffins with palm sugar caramel
- Pisang Rai – steamed banana with grated coconut
- Klepon – palm sugar stuffed cake ball
- Jaje Bantal – glutinous rice and coconut cake wrapped
- Sumping – steamed rice cake in banana leaves
- Wajik – Balinese sweet glutinous rice cake
- Dodol – sweet sticky toffee cake
An Assortment of seasonal Balinese fruits
Balinese high tea selections
- Local Balinese loose leaf teas selection
About Samsara Ubud
Situated in Bali’s lush district of Payangan, Samsara Ubud offers a tranquil holiday destination set in a spellbinding tropical jungle. The luxury property offers 17 private villas, each equipped with a private heated infinity pool and spacious outdoor area. Samsara Ubud’s restaurant, The Kelusa, presents gourmet dishes bursting with Balinese and Indonesian flavours. Other leisure facilities include a fitness centre, a luxury spa and an outdoor heated pool.
M: +62 81 237 667 119
T: +62 361 209 1 769 / +62 811 846 769
A: Banjar Ayah, Desa Kelusa, Payangan Gianyar, Bali, Indonesia 80572